“A little bit each day”, I thought to myself, “that’ll be easy.”
Well it turns out I have a job, I’m a dad, I have hobbies and friends. Not to mention a house and car to take reasonable care of. Sometimes, even just sitting at the laptop for a few minutes to do some clicktivism isn’t particularly thrilling, especially after a day chasing a two-year old around a farm.
Which is all my way of saying, life got in the way of #365daysofpolitics over the last few days.
That doesn’t mean I’ve been completely devoid of political action. In the last few days I’ve;
- Kept abreast of the main political goings on (as I do every morning as soon as I wake up),
- Made some contributions to debate on the OpenPolitics Manifesto,
- Read and shared (within Something New) some interesting articles that talk about the new kind of politics that we’re trying to create,
- Taken part in some discussion with Something New generally about how we’re building that movement,
- I’ve also put all upcoming local council meetings into my calendar and I plan to attend as many as possible – I figure that I should be more aware of what my local council is up to and the work councillors do, so what better way to watch them,
- And since the #UnlockMagnaCarta event on Friday, I’ve been having flashes of ideas that I’ve been jotting down, which at some point will turn into proposals for the Manifesto.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply