Thanks to how awesome my job is* I recently spent a few days in New York.
It was the first time I’d visited New York and although it was a short trip packed full of meetings I got to see some sights 🙂
- My first (I think) propeller plane flight.
- Seeing Untappd used in a bar was pretty cool, including my check-ins.
- Drinking Black Ops, a New York beer, in a New York bar. Damn that’s a nice beer.
- Seeing One World Trade Center and the 911 Memorial.
- Riding (and trying to figure out!) the New York Subway.
- Visiting the offices of CBS, Time Inc. (in the week they named Trump person of the year, no less!), News Corporation, New York Times, New York Observer, Interactive One. NYC is the media capital of the world, and experiencing the offices and (in some cases) the newsrooms of these global media companies was impressive.
- Checking out the amazing (giant) Christmas ‘decorations’ throughout New York.
- Eating some amazing food.
- Visiting the Rockerfeller Centre, Times Square, Wall Street and seeing (from a distance, in a taxi) the Statue of Liberty.
My plans to visit New York just over two years ago fell apart, but this short visit has made me want to return again. It’s on the (growing) list!
*you can join me.
Leave a Reply Cancel reply