Thank you for delivering me safely to my parents.
Thanks for all the eye tests and glasses.
Thanks for making sure I had healthy teeth despite my attempts to avoid brushing.
Thanks for looking after my sisters as they gave life to my nieces and nephews.
Thanks especially for nurturing the twins when they entered the world.
Thanks for saving my Dad’s life.
Thanks for helping our family through my Dad’s journey with dementia.
Thanks for saving my life. Twice.
Thank you for safely delivering my two wonderful children into the world.
Thanks for saving the lives of many of my friends, multiple times.
Thank you for doing all this for free.
Thank you for making sure we’re a healthy nation.
Thank you to all the staff for being so committed to doing the very best you can for patients, sometimes under immense pressure, with insufficient resources and inadequate pay. You are all heroes.
There not being a Something New candidate for Lichfield (maybe next time) I voted for;
- Proper funding of the NHS,
- An end to pay freezes for nurses and doctors and other public sector staff who make our country function,
- The school that my son will attend in September to have more money, not fewer teachers, materials and educational trips,
- My Mom to be allowed to leave her house (our family home for over forty years) to me and my sisters as she wishes, rather than it being taken by the government,
- My Mom’s pension to be protected so she can enjoy her well-earned retirement,
- My children, nieces and nephews to be given the chance of a good education – regardless of their parents’ wealth – so that they can become the highly skilled workers of the future this country needs,
- Those I know on low wages to have the dignity of a real living wage, not the pittance of a minimum wage that doesn’t cover the cost of decent living standards,
- A country I can be proud of, that doesn’t blindly engage in military intervention in other countries causing instability and fuelling terrorism,
- A leader who has the basic humanity to reject the concept of knowingly and deliberately ordering the death of millions of innocent civilians,
- Investment in our essential national infrastructure like rail, energy and communications,
- An end to public money – OUR MONEY – being siphoned off into the back pockets of the billionaires who own our national infrastructure,
- A government that uses immigration sensibly to meet the needs of our economy, not sets unachievable arbitrary targets to appease xenophobes.
I voted unselfishly.
I voted for the many.
I voted for Jeremy Corbyn’s Labour Party.