Today I spoke to regional editors at Trinity Mirror about how they could work with hyper local sites.
You can watch my presentation to them here and you can listen to me take you through it with this AudioBoo:
Below are links to sites, quotes and articles mentioned in the presentation. I hope to add some audio too at some point.
Some journalism student hyperlocal sites
- Lichfield Fuse Festival Attracts 20,000
- Two men spent 24 hours taking over 2,000 photos and 4.5 hours of video, sending 79 tweets and 25 twitpics. That’s hyperlocal event reporting.
- The day my hyperlocal blog post was published in a major regional newspaper
- Birmingham Mail Your Communities
- Cathy Watson talks to OJB about Uckfield News
- Richard Jones talks to OJB about Saddleworth News
- James Hatts talks to OJB about SE1
- Mike Atkinson talks to OJB about Parwich.org
Finally, I asked my hyperlocal followers on Twitter what they would say if they could have half an hour with their local newspaper editor. There are some interesting, amusing and not so amusing responses, which you can view on the Storify I created.
I’m available to consult on any area of working with hyperlocal sites, including helping to broker relationships. Just get in touch.